Nothing is not funn'able. Here we touch topics so sensitive that you may just go away hating me.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Cock Blocked again

Last night I was at the bar and I noticed a guy with down syndrome was sitting a few seats down. At first it was hard to determine why he was different because frankly everyone in this bar is a little different. Some have missing teeth, or extra chins and in this case a few extra chromosomes. This was the first time I had seen a down syndrome person in a bar so I was a little intrigued. There is a dwarf who visits frequently so that isn't any fun anymore so this was a breath of fresh air. I caught him looking back at me and wondered if he thought I had a chromosome disorder so I looked away. I got up an walked around, oogled at some women and returned back to my seat. I noticed then that while I was gone he had befriended some very young and attractive women and was now dancing in the middle of them. I felt resentment rip through my body as I realized that not only had he garnered the attention of more women than I had, he was a better dancer. As I sat watching and pounding down shots of black zambuca, jealousy and ignorance overcame me as I muttered out " look how good that retard dances". My pseudo friend next to me heard me and turned to tell me " that isn't nice, they are called special needs persons". ___________________________________________
When was the determination made that deemed the more words you use to describe someone the better off they seem? What was it about retarded that made it seem any more demeaning than special needs? In fact I think retarded is much more specific than special needs because the latter could mean they need insulin, a trained dog, an underwire bra or even blocks on the pedals. At least with retarded you have an idea of how to prepare for the bus trip. ___________________________________________
Now with Sara Palin running for vice president, special needs is going to be used to describe every kid born in the last ten years. Every kid has special needs. Some need to stop eating, some need to get braces while others need to their asses beat every morning before breakfast.______________________________________________________________
As I absorbed my friends comment I realized she was right. This man had special needs, much like I do. I stood up and cast aside my envy and strode right up to the dancing circle and put on my best moves. I wiggled between two girls and danced like the devil. I figured by showing them that I knew how to have fun and that I embraced people for who they are that they would welcome into the group. Everyone was laughing and jumping and asking me my name. Suddenly the man who made me see my insecurities turned and admired my moves. He looked up at me and put out his hand and as my large palm covered his tiny hand he leaned into me and said " you dance like a retard, now fuck off and find your own women". He then turned, wiggled his ass and led the girls away in a dancing train leaving me speechless and alone. ______________________

No comments: